Welcome to Our Little Homestead!
We are dedicated to helping others learn about food preservation, growing your own food, making your own home products and getting prepared for emergencies.
Through our own experiences, we hope to spread the word that:
- Canning is safe and not scary like most people think
- Food preservation will save you TONS of money
- Homemade products are often MORE effective than store bought and don’t contain all those yucky chemicals
- It’s better to be over-prepared than under-prepared in times of crisis
- The community of homesteaders is amazing and we all love to share our experiences to help others!
Whether you are just browsing for recipes or want to learn how to preserve your food, we are so happy you are here! Thank you for joining us on our adventures.
Canning is an excellent way to preserve food. Whether your garden has yielded a great harvest or you found a great sale at the store you just couldn’t pass up, your abundance of food won’t be wasted. It also frees up your freezer space, makes great gifts and is a true time saver for quick meals. I want to learn how to can!
Real pickles, sauerkraut, kimchi (and more) are created by the process of fermenting. Fermenting has been around since ancient times. It is a super easy and affordable form of food preservation. Limited supplies are needed and it is a great way for beginners to try their hand at food preservation. I want to learn how to ferment!