Slow Cooker Cauliflower Soup Recipe
This is another soup I came up with when my husband’s diet became restricted and VERY limited. We’re talking no raw vegetables, nothing with skins or seeds, nothing chewy or stringy. Not much variety until I got creative!
This soup is SUPER easy to make, delicious and healthy.
You will need a hand immersion blender or regular blender. I definitely prefer my hand immersion blender over my regular blender for making my soups and chowders. It’s much less clean up and less dangerous since you are working with hot soups. Hand immersion blenders are also VERY affordable.
Crock Pot Cauliflower Soup
- Slow Cooker
- Hand Immersion Blender or Regular Blender
- 1 large head cauliflower approx. 2 lbs
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 yellow or white onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp basil
- salt and pepper to season
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or dairy-free alternative such as almond milk if you have an intolerance to dairy
- Put all ingredients EXCEPT heavy cream in a crock pot.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 4 to 6 hours.
- Blend soup using a hand immersion blender. (You can also use a regular blender, but be very careful since soup is HOT)
- Stif in heavy cream. Serve!