My family are big fans of pork tenderloin. It’s filling and feeds many!
This is the most tender and moist oven baked BBQ pork tenderloin recipe. You don’t need to grill it to get that outstanding BBQ flavor! If you have a larger pork tenderloin, this recipe is easily doubled and will feed a large crowd.
You can use any kind of regular cola, but NOT diet cola! We were also very disappointed that Sweet Baby Ray’s discontinued their Cola flavored BBQ sauce, but this recipe works just as well with your favorite BBQ sauce. You can mix and match different cola’s with different BBQ sauces for some fun experimenting!
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup Coca-Cola
- 1 cup barbeque sauce (get a cola flavored one if you can find it. Sweet Baby Ray's used to have one)
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- In a small bowl, mix dry seasonings until well combined. Sprinkle all over tenderloin and then rub to coat evenly while lightly pressing the seasonings into the pork. In a measuring cup, stir together the Coca-Cola and BBQ sauce. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Put the tenderloin into the skillet and sear it on every side, using tongs to turn. This will help lock the juices in.
- Transfer pork to a baking dish and pour the BBQ and Coca-Cola mixture all over the pork. Bake for about 30-45 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 155º F. The length of baking will be determined on the size of the tenderloin and your oven. If you are using a larger cut over 2 lbs, you will need to bake for about 60-90 minutes. Once pork is done cooking, let it set for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.