Asparagus Soup Recipe
When asparagus is on sale, we buy A LOT. We love roasted and sauteed, but discovered this way to eat them and we are in love.
It. Is. SO. GOOD!
And now my husband can finally eat asparagus again without fear of landing in the hospital! (#coloncancersucks)
It is really simple to make. Just cook in slow cooker, blend, and serve!
Crock Pot Asparagus Soup
- 2 lbs asparagus washed, woody stems removed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 white or yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- salt and pepper to season
- 2 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or dairy-free substitute such as almond milk, if sensitive to dairy
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Place all ingredients in crock pot EXCEPT heavy cream and lemon juice.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- When asparagus and onions are very tender, remove lid and blend soup using an immersion blender (you can also use a blender but be careful using it with hot soup).
- Stir in heavy cream and lemon juice. Serve!