Heavy Cream Substitute without Dairy
We love cashews and we LOVE cashew cream. Add this to your coffee, chowders, sauces, overnight oats (just add more water to make it more milk like). It thickens up sauces and also works as a great cheese alternative in dishes like spaghetti sauce or mac and cheese.
Cashews are also very healthy for you and they are extremely easy on your digestive system compare to other nuts.
How to Make Cashew Cream
This cashew cream recipe is ridiculously easy.
First, get some RAW cashews, not roasted, and soak them in water for 2 hours.
Add water as needed to reach desired consistency. So you can have a thicker cream or cashew milk.
Cashew Cream (No Dairy Heavy Cream)
- Food Processor or High Powered Blender
- 1 cup Raw Cashews
- 1/2 to 1 cup Water
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract optional
- Place raw cashews in a bowl and cover completely with water. Place a cloth towel over the top of bowl and soak the cashews for 2 hours.
- Drain cashews and rinse well with water.
- Add cashews, 1/2 cup water, salt and vanilla extract to food processor or high powered blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Add water and blend to reach desired consistency.